The Sam Fox School offers two Pre-College Programs—Architecture Discovery Program and Portfolio Plus Program—that provide high school students the opportunity to pursue their passions in architecture, art, or design while working in a real studio and experiencing life on a college campus.
What makes our programs unique?
- Rigorous curriculum featuring college-level architecture, art, and design courses
- Individualized instruction from Sam Fox School faculty
- Professional documentation of the work you produce in the program, as well as insight into how to format your portfolio
- Outstanding resources and facilities, including the Nancy Spirtas Kranzberg Studio for the Illustrated Book, the Kenneth and Nancy Kranzberg Art & Architecture Library, and professionally equipped art, design, and architecture studios
- Tours of museums, artists’ and designers’ studios, and architecture firms
- Special lectures by accomplished design, architecture, and art professionals
- Final exhibition of your work
- College credits offered for successful completion of the program
- Outstanding residential experience on the Washington University campus
Coordinator of Special Programs